Latest News

The Negative Effects of Soda to Our Body

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 , Posted by Yvhes P. at 2:27 AM

Sugary drinks like soda and flavored water are generally part of every meal. Sadly, some even prefer sodas than water, but have we ever asked ourselves of the side effects of drinking soda.

I confess I love drinking soda. I can’t even remember when it all started since it has been a long time ago. It’s like if you drink soda it makes even the simplest dishes really appetizing. It completes your meal. It may be just a usual drink to anyone but for some it has become a habit. Good that I have realized the negative effects of drinking too much soda. Now, I am more of a juice type of person. I still drink soda but not as often as before.

Some would even prefer drinking soda alone than eat healthy foods. If you are experiencing such then in that case you have become addicted to soda already. Anything that is too much than what is normal has bad side effects to our health. We still have to eat balanced diet and drink plenty of water.

Nothing still beats a complete healthy meal. It’s okay to drink soda once in awhile but  to substitute it with water whenever we feel thirsty is unacceptable and bad to our health. Drink soda or flavored drinks in moderation so as to avoid future health problems.

Drinking too much soda daily has negative effects to the body. It contributes to obesity because of its high calorie content. There are also some studies associating drinking soda more than 2 glasses daily to heart risks. It can cause palpitations based from my experience. I was always hyper and attentive whenever I drink 2-3 glasses of soda before. It maybe caused by its caffeine content that is also found in coffee. It can also cause hyperacidity especially if taken with an empty stomach.

I am not saying that you stop drinking sugary drinks, since I myself still drink soda sometimes but you have to drink in moderation. An 8 ounce of soda in a day is enough to satisfy our cravings for flavored drinks. Our health should be put first into consideration among anything since our life depends on how healthy our body is.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment


Boost Your Site Traffic and Income