Latest News

How to Cook a Simple Pork Adobo

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 , Posted by Yvhes P. at 1:46 AM

There are different ways to cook pork adobo. Some put sugar while some don’t. Some would add twists to a classic adobo to reinvent the original recipe. There are also different ways on how to cook adobo. But one thing is for sure, that adobo tastes delicious and it makes you addicted to it.
I personally love to eat pork adobo even when I was still younger. My grandmother regularly cooked adobo for us. I remember everytime grandma would cook pork adobo the whole family just loved and enjoyed it. It brought our family closer too because everytime she would cook adobo, relatives most of the times would visit just to have a taste of her specialty.

Now that grandma’s too old and since I have my own family already I decided few years ago to learn how to cook pork adobo. Obviously I learned it from her. She taught me how to cook it and gave me few tips to make it a perfect pork adobo. I remember her telling me the simpler the adobo the better. She said nowadays there are already various ways of cooking adobo because people are trying to reinvent the classic recipe, but still she prefers the original way of cooking it, which is her way.
Let me share with you grandma’s pork adobo recipe and now my recipe =)

Ingredients:
1 kilo pork diced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
whole peppercorn (atleast 10 pcs)
2 cups of water

How to cook it:
Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork is tender and there is just enough sauce left. Serve with plain rice.

Tips:
When you cook adobo make sure it doesn’t have too much sauce in it. A little sauce is just enough for a perfect adobo. You can also put a little sugar if you want it sweeter but that is just optional. It depends on how you want your adobo should taste like. 

If you want a classic salty adobo then don’t add sugar if you want it sweet then add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. I hope you’ll try this pork adobo recipe soon. It really tastes delicious.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment


Boost Your Site Traffic and Income